Sunday, June 26, 2011

Changing Times: My kids' phones are smarter

26.6.11

I make do with a plain vanilla Samsung Guru. Most of my clients do not allow phones with cameras on their premises. That really restricts and simplifies the choice. Prior to this I used to carry around for ages a Nokia 1100 ( the torchwalla phone! ). This model is like the Ambassador among mobiles. I really had no reason to change it, till one of my friendly customers jokingly told me that he'll give me a price hike if required, but I must change my mobile. In the good old days, you were the car you drove. These days you are the gizmos you flash.I am not much of a gizmocentric , but sooner or later, I will have to move to a net enabled phone. Or be left behind in the professional rat race.Dunno whether tablets will be the end all.Will have to keep an eye on that.

The quirkiest thing I have done is whistle a tune as a ringtone. Soon I plan to record a birdsong and make that my ringtone.We are still blessed with them in the neighborhood .

My son uses a Nokia XpressMusic. Most of his spare time he is into MP3 music and headphones.

The daughter wangled a Nokia C6-00 courtesy her 10th std marks.This gizmo has a piano type sliding and QWERT key baord. The functions are so many, I have told her to explore the possibilities on her own.

No comments: